Starting out with healthcare marketing – tips for big and small clinics
Where to begin with healthcare marketing
- What makes my customers/ patients require my business?
- What is their gender?
- How old are they?
- How much will they be willing to spend?
- What do they do for work?
- Where are they located?
- What online channels do they use?
Having this basic information will allow you to start creating a marketing strategy that will only target people who can become paying customers or clients. For instance, if you’re a gym or leisure facility looking to target young professionals who live in London, you can focus your marketing efforts on sites like LinkedIn and pay close attention to local SEO within the London area.
The next best healthcare marketing steps
Social media for healthcare marketing
- Lead generation: Social media is a great lead generation tool that allows you to acquire and nurture leads at every stage of the sales funnel.
- Brand awareness: If you’re looking to create a strong online impression that will help you beat your competition and generate online visibility, social media is one of the best tools available.
- Create engagement: People looking to invest in healthcare services or products need to know that they can trust the people they are buying from. Social media allows you to have direct interaction with customers and prospects.
SEO for healthcare marketing
If you are operating within a regional area, you’ll want to consider local SEO and how you rank against competing businesses. Search engines like Google localise their search results if someone is searching within a specific area. For example, if you’re in central London and you search “chiropractic clinic”, the first search results will be chiropractic clinics within central London without you having to enter the location manually.
If you’d like some expert SEO advice, book a free consultation with a Brainy SEO expert!
PPC (Pay-Per-Click) for healthcare marketing
Some people will say that PPC ads don’t work, and they’re always going to be the second rate to organic SEO placings, but that’s not true! PPC is one of the best healthcare marketing strategies for producing ROI, especially if you work with an agency with experience in creating ads that will only be seen by potential leads interested in your business.
Here at The Brains, we often combine PPC with SEO for our healthcare clients to help them achieve excellent results! Whether you’re looking to boost web traffic, increase sales or generate leads, we can help.
Building and optimising your website: your key to success within healthcare marketing
We cannot stress this point enough: if you don’t optimise your website for mobile use, you’re not only going to put off prospects, but search engines will actively decrease your rankings. And with over 70% of web traffic stemming from mobile, you really can’t afford to have your website optimised for mobile.
Page loading speed
Studies show that people are becoming increasingly impatient when it comes to page loading speed, with the average bounce rate being between 3-5 seconds. So you must make sure that you don’t leave your prospects waiting as they try to access your website. Not only will you lose out on potential leads, but search engines like Google will reduce your search engine ranking.
It’s important not to make your customers do the hard work when converting on your website. Whether you’re looking for people to purchase your product, sign up for a newsletter or make an inquiry, the process should be streamlined and straightforward.
Poor CRO can be caused by a number of website issues, such as:
- Poor website structure that is hard to navigate and lacks CTAs
- Confusing content that doesn’t communicate properly with the user
- Unappealing graphics that are either poorly designed or don’t match your brand message
However, one of the biggest hindrances to healthcare websites is a lack of trust. Most people don’t take their health and wellbeing lightly, so if your website doesn’t give them a reason to trust you, they won’t convert. Good ways to build trust are:
- Case studies
Start a campaign with a trusted healthcare marketing agency
Here at The Brains, we’ve carried out hundreds of successful marketing campaigns for a wide range of healthcare companies, including B2B, B2C and eCommerce that have helped boost sales, increase online visibility and generate unlimited leads.
Schedule your free initial consultation
If you would like some complimentary advice, request a FREE consultation today!