What Does a Digital Marketing Agency Do?
Looking around online, you can’t help but notice: there are digital marketing agencies everywhere. While they will likely vary significantly in terms of approach, culture and key specialty, each digital agency will make similar claims: to be able to help you utilise the best marketing tools and strategies to stand out from your competitors, hit your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and increase your visibility online.
Marketing in-house can be great; cost-effective and fruitful. But, we are living in a digital world. For the very best results, you’re probably going to want a digital marketing consultant – or at least, a digital marketing agency offering a consultative approach. Generally, the type of digital marketing agency you choose will depend on your business goals, so think carefully about what you want to achieve to help find the best fit to match your business vision.
In short, digital marketing agencies will implement a custom marketing strategy that best suits your business goals by doing a thorough brand, website and performance audit, followed by recommendations on how to achieve a great Return On Investment (ROI) using a number of different strategies and channels. Choose the right digital agency partner, and they will also be able to track your campaigns, appraise your content marketing, improve your paid ads and evaluate results. Collaborative digital marketing agencies will always keep you in the loop about how to develop a digital marketing campaign that drives traffic, engagement and revenue for your business.
The Brains is a full-service digital marketing agency that can manage all aspects of your online business presence. Our services range from Pay Per Click (PPC), Search Engine Optimisation (SEO services), SEO consultancy and Social Media Marketing (SMM) to content marketing, Google analytics performance and more. Whatever you’re looking for, we’re here to help, delivering a bespoke digital strategy with razor-sharp marketing tools for your business.
Digital Marketing Services: Which are Best for Your Business?
Digital marketing at an agency level simply means that your online marketing efforts are not done in-house, but managed by a team of experts at a digital agency. Successful digital marketing agencies work closely with you at every stage of your campaign, to guide you and make sure that your own marketing team knows what they’re doing. They’ll advise which online platforms to invest in to market your products and services, while keeping your key focuses in mind – whether that’s brand awareness, website traffic or sales.
As we mentioned earlier, the suite of services offered by a digital marketing agency can vary greatly. Typically, a digital marketing agency will offer some, or all, of the following services:
- PPC: Often used by start-ups thanks to its cost-effectiveness, PPC models provide a marketing strategy where companies only pay the ad publisher when users click on it. The difficulty with paid advertising is that sometimes it can lead to higher costs if campaigns are not set up properly. Depending on the competition in your specific industry, finding the balance between choosing profitable terms and not blowing your budget can be tough. Digital marketing agencies with PPC expertise can assist you in making smart campaign decisions and setting up for continued, steady success.
- SEO: Search Engine Optimisation is a daunting challenge for many marketers. It relies on understanding the mechanics of web ranking to improve your performance on a search engine results page, but also requires patience. Search Engine Optimisation is a long game, and digital marketing agencies with years of industry experience will know that it can be months or years before the real results of SEO efforts begin to shine through. A digital SEO agency offering SEO should be able to provide a long-term strategy and success plan, and keep you up to date with any shifting trends.
- Website design and development: In digital marketing, your website needs to look the part if you’re going to maximise your opportunities for bringing in new leads. As well as producing engaging online aesthetics in line with your brand, web design digital marketing services require running optimisations and user interface enhancements for conversion optimisation.
- Content marketing and strategy: With this service, a digital marketing expert will look at the unique aspects that make your business special to deliver consistently quality content across a range of different platforms. The content produced could be anything from blogs to lead magnets, but a key element of the overall digital marketing strategy will be that each content piece targets your audience at a specific stage in the funnel. Contact our digital marketing consultants to discuss funnel-based content. We also offer a variety of SEO content services to help boost your online visibility and rankings.
- Social media marketing: In 2022, hiring a marketing agency can be about more than wanting to rank high in the search engines. Social media platforms have become such a singular feature of the online arena that they require a marketing strategist to maximise their business potential. Whether you’re looking for leads to come through Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or another platform, a digital marketing agency can help you combine a social strategy with another service, such as SEO, to optimise your user journeys and boost sales.
- Lead generation tactics: In essence, lead generation is all about gathering new contacts- those are your potential customers. After we generate leads, we keep them in the marketing funnel and walk with them all the way along their user journey. The Brains is proud to have experts in lead generation to assist our clients in making the most profitable marketing decisions. Check out the lead generation formula that our very own Larry Kotch designed.
- Email marketing: There’s way more to email marketing than just sending ‘welcome’ or ‘thank you’ messages. Done right, email marketing needs a nuanced understanding of cold/outbound emails, warm/nurturing re-engagement emails, and the best ways to use them.
Choosing a Digital Marketing Agency
The kind of agency you choose will ultimately depend on your digital marketing needs and the overall goals of your business. For example, if you’re looking for general advice as part of a review or audit of your website, opting for a consultant would be a good choice. They’ve got solid knowledge of content marketing, social media marketing, search engine marketing and other services which are the bread and butter of digital agencies. On top of informing you about traditional marketing services, these agencies specialise in bringing you up to speed about where you’re currently at and pointing you in the right direction.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a new website design to improve user experience and navigation, choosing a web design agency would be the right way to go. A digital marketing agency with this specific experience will have a broad knowledge of website developer tools. They can also help lay out your brand development path, with a focus on Google Analytics and optimising your business website through other channels to support the user journey as a whole.
However, if you have clear sales and lead generation goals and your main focus is on boosting your Return On Ad Spend (ROAS), a full-service digital marketing agency would be the best choice for your ROI-driven approach.
Across all digital channels, full-service digital marketing agencies improve results. They implement their online advertising marketing tools and know-how for optimal business growth using specialist techniques. They’ve got marketing strategies for all seasons, from keyword research to mobile marketing, creating content to customer acquisition. Finding an agency partner who knows about advertising business online can be the rocket fuel to take your marketing to the next level.
You’ll be in touch with a dedicated digital marketing department and will likely have a designated contact to help you keep up-to-date across all of your marketing campaigns. Your agency partner will keep an eye on the latest marketing strategies to scale your business and optimise overall performance in all of your marketing channels.
It’s important to understand that not all digital marketing agencies are the same. Different agencies exist for different purposes. They don’t all have a portfolio of offerings suited to the demands of your business. To help you decide which agency is best for you, ask yourself questions such as: do I want a level of control over all marketing efforts? What will my budget be? Is there leeway with my budget if new opportunities arise? It’s also useful to think about the timeline of your goals, such as what you’re looking to achieve per quarter or per year. If you’re not sure, you can always book a consultation with an expert for further clarification on a suggested digital marketing strategy for you, and the kinds of channels you may benefit from investing in.
Developing Bespoke Marketing Strategies
A good digital marketing agency will meet with their clients regularly, discussing their goals before putting together an audit of their website and marketing channels. This usually happens prior to getting a proposal of recommendations on where you can improve, mitigate risk and find new business opportunities; be that within your audience, using interest-based and behavioural targeting, geo-location, and more. A full-service digital marketing agency like The Brains will provide multi-channel ideas for optimisation across all sales and marketing departments for your business.
What’s more, a digital marketing agency can help you to not only adopt new ideas, but develop full strategies with proven results. In addition to traditional marketing, many businesses are seeking support from agencies to bolster their efforts and compete at the top level of their industry. It’s a good idea to understand your KPIs before approaching an experienced agency. From there, they will be able to support you in choosing the right services for your company, whether that be content marketing, PPC optimisation, web audits, identifying your target audience, SEO, or managing various social media platforms.
As a full-service agency, The Brains can assist you across all aspects of digital marketing. We can create bespoke, fresh content to stay ahead of your competition while focusing on a data-driven approach to increase sales and bring in a great ROI. Our team of experts can also support you through workshopping processes for UX design, showing how we can improve the experience web visitors have while interacting with your products and/or services and finding areas of development with the user in mind, to assist with overall user experience. We can develop PPC strategies, drive leads through email marketing or create a full-scale SEO proposition that will provide years of success online. In short, whatever goals you want to reach, we can help you get there.
We hope that after reading this you have gained some clarification on what digital marketing agencies do – and more importantly, what they could do for you. Interested in getting started? Reach out to us today and discover how The Brains can take your digital marketing to a whole new level.